Friday, February 21, 2014

Maje obsession

It's been some time since my last post. Not that anyone has really missed me but I feel guilty for abandoning my little online universe. Today I had a sudden influx of inspiration because, being a mommy's girl, I got a gorgeous present from my gorgeous mother - this dreamy Maje dress: 





















This got me thinking that for a few years now, les creations de la maison are on top of my wish list. This Parisian brand is the epitome of affordable luxury: impeccable materials and craftsmanship at a price that won't exceed your monthly rent. Obviously, the likes of Givenchy or Dior occupy a whole different universe. However, this universe, as glamorous as it is, is out of reach for most of us, petty mortals. Furthermore, I don't really see the point of owning many Dior dresses, unless you are Ivanka Trump or a Hollywood starlet. Maje has found the perfect balance between luxury and reality and just seeing their stores excites me. 

We occupy an imperfect world and I certainly won't be the person to remedy society's shortcomings, but I have started despising the idea that clothes need to be super expensive to be fabulous. Somehow I can't justify dropping some 1000 dollars on a dress, even if a red carpet worthy one, unless you are actually going to a red carpet event. Call me a geek. 

I can't wait to slip into my gorgeous new dress and to feel extra fabulous. 

x










2 comments:

  1. I'm in love with this dress. So simple so chic
    xoxo
    www.welovefur.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love this dress, I have a new obsession with full dresses and skirts and feel I can`t have enough!
    Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

    ReplyDelete